10 Computer Security Tips You Should Consider Knowing Before Someone Else Does
1. By darkening your system screen will save more energy. Because laptop needs high amount of battery power to maintain for it is clear display.
2. Modify your system’s power settings. There are several outstanding power features in Windows vista power-driven laptop. By using this you will get the very good performance. When your laptop is plugged it will save the battery power.
3. Always turn of Wi-Fi. This consummates more battery power, and deteriorates your lappi’s battery. It is very important to switch off the Wi-Fi when you are using your laptop outside.
4. Switch off peripheral devices. Mainly USB sticks, mouse, and webcams will consume more battery power. So, always remember to disconnect the devices when you are not using your laptop. Always turn off your laptop’s natural webcam.
5. Eject the disc drives from your computer when they are not in use.
6. Invest in some computer hardware. Laptop’s always comes with six-cell battery. Many providers are providing eight or 12-cell upgrades. By this your laptop’s battery will consume more power. So, always try to use good hardware.
7. Disable Features. Windows Vista version contains new features, but they are not useful for all the users. Even it is not useful for expert users also. Windows Aero is one good example. This will save your Laptop’s battery power.
8. Always carry your laptop when you travel. Never put your laptop with your baggage. There will be visual inspection in the airport. Airport authorities will check your baggage and ask you to open your laptop to find whether it is same or not. So, it is better to switch on the laptop before. This helps in consuming more time. This is called “hand checking process”.
9. When you have a look at the X-ray equipment, it doesn’t damage your laptop. The magnetic field will protect hard drive but, the metal detectors can cause harm to your laptop.
10. Always carry Proper Documents along with you. This is very important when you return to your country. You should have the correct custom’s documents.